Since its creation, the FAM has established regular relations with institutions, Academies, Universities, Hospitals, etc. in the main emerging countries, particularly the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China), but also Mexico, French-speaking West Africa and Vietnam.
These relationships have been personalised around a number of local personalities who have often become foreign members of the French Academy of Medicine. In addition to these bilateral relations, the FAM wished to formalize a transversal relationship with these various correspondents by creating the AFM International Partners Council.
Intended to facilitate and perpetuate relations, this Council will play an increasingly important role in the FAM’s international activities. It is through this Council that several major health issues common to many countries around the world will be addressed, such as aging, nutrition in general, obesity and diabetes in particular, and exposure to pollutants. The use of new communication technologies will facilitate these relationships.
Members of the Committee, from left to right on the photo:
- Anastasia Ukhova, Sanofi World Medical Director, Diabetes and Cardiovascular franchise, former Medical Director Rest of the World, emerging countries
a CMA representative
- Daniel Loisance, then former President of the Internatinal Committee of the French Academy of Medicine (ANM)
- Claudio Tadeu Daniel Ribeiro, Corresponding Member of the ANM, Member of the Brazilian Academy of Medicine
- Eliete Bouskela, Associate Member of the ANM, Member of the Brazilian Academy of Medicine
- Armando Barriguete-Melendez, Associate Member of the ANM, Member of the Mexican Academy of Medicine, Member of the Mexican Academy of Surgery
- Daniel Couturier, Academician, member of the FAM Honorary Committee
- Luis-Miguel Guttierez-Robledo, Correlaire member of the ANM, member of the Mexican Academy of Medicine
- Doudou Ba, President of the Senegalese Academy of Science and Technology
- Bernard Charpentier, ANM Vice-President, FAM Vice-President
- Mahesh Misra, Associate Member of ANM, former DG of AIIMS India
- Jean-Marie Dru, President of the FAM
- Igor Dedov, Associate Member of the ANM, Vice-President of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Marina Shestakova, Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Deputy of Dedov, Director of the Moscow Endocrinology Center
- Oumar Sock, Permanent Secretary of the Senegalese Academy of Science and Technology
- Zang Yong, Renji Hospital, Shanghai
- Ranjeep Guleria, DG of AIIMS, India
- Yves Juillet, member of the FAM Honorary Committee
- Pham Van Thuc, Rector of the Faculty of Medicine of Haïphong, Corresponding member of the ANM
- Sanjeev Sinha, Director of International Affairs of AIIMS, candidate for the position of NMA Corresponding Member (supported by the AFM)