For the 2022 edition of the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB), the Fondation de l’Académie de Médecine (FAM) and Greffe de vie have the opportunity to offer trailers the chance to win 2 solidarity race numbers worth 2,000 euros each, thanks to the generosity of their patrons.
This concerns all the races of the UTMB 2022 (UTMB®, CCC®, TDS® and OCC).
What is a solidarity race number?
Since the beginning of its history, the UTMB® has always wanted to associate the energy of the event with a spirit of solidarity.
The race has therefore developed several schemes to raise funds for partner charities. Runners can support one of the partner associations by making a donation of €2,000, paid directly or through sponsors (individuals or private individuals).
For the runner, it is the possibility of guaranteeing his or her registration for one of the races (in compliance with the regulations in force), without going through the draw.
For several years, the FAM has been hosting and supporting the activities of Greffe de vie, dedicated to organ donation. In order to raise awareness of this cause, the FAM and Greffe de Vie have decided to join forces with the UTMB®, an international sporting event, to develop the solidarity bibs project. More information on this association on the dedicated page on the UTMB website.
By running for the FAM and Greffe de vie, you can actively contribute to
Promote organ donation
- – Promote the new law on organ donation for which Greffe de vie has been working for several years until its adoption and implementation on January 1st 2017. This law will make it possible to save several hundred additional lives per year.
- – On 14 October 2021, the Greffes + collective (of which Greffe de vie is a member), organised the first National Organ Donation Conference. The aim of these meetings was to bring together and associate all the actors around the sharing and dissemination of good practices related to organ donation. The objective is to be able to quickly achieve “more removals for more transplants” by collectively bringing proposals for action to the public authorities that will remove the existing obstacles. A Manifesto for organ donation emerged from this event. Find it with the event videos here.
Spreading the culture of donation
- – This is the most effective way to raise awareness among the general public. It is also to put organ donation back at the heart of the news through awareness campaigns by encouraging each citizen to become aware of this fundamental act of solidarity. On 22 June 2019, at the initiative of the Greffe de vie and the Greffes+ collective, the associations campaigning for organ donation, for the first time united, have decided to adopt the “green ribbon” as a symbol of fraternity: “All recipients, all donors”.
Supporting the FAM and Greffe de vie means supporting the cause of organ donation and making the best of health accessible to as many people as possible.
If you wish to register for a chance to win a solidarity bib, please fill in the form below :
Timetable: the draw will take place BEFORE the start of the registration for the UTMB.
– The solidarity number won only concerns the donation of 2000€ and not the registration fees for each race. The latter will remain the responsibility of the runner.
– The runner must also meet the selection criteria for the UTMB (points…). More information on these criteria and the fees can be found on the race website: https://utmbmontblanc.com/fr/
– This registration form only concerns runners who wish to won for a solidarity number. If you wish to take a classic solidarity number and make a donation to Greffe de vie and the FAM, please follow the usual procedure for solidarity numbers (more information by clicking here).
The practical details of how to take these winning bibs will be explained to the winners.
For more information, please contact
Mr Charles Sourice
+33 7 86 31 31 82 – +33 1 42 02 70 79 – [email protected]